Monday 2 January 2012

Durst M305 colour enlarger

Well well well Father Christmas called me to his grotto the other day and said that there was a load of photographic equipment that was now taking up space and he wanted it out.


So I went to his grotto and loaded up the car with all manor of things including a Durst M305  enlarger for 35mm film.  Instruction manual found on the web is in French but old school boy French and the pictures helped a great deal.


I have changed the bulb for a 20W 12V ( which should last 4000 hours) from 75W 12V (which would last only 100 hours) and have made some B & W prints using the contact printing frame.


I have also started to understand the use of Multigrade IV Ilford paper and the filters to control contrast.  I can of course replace the original bulb if I go for colour prints.


Photos to follows when scanned !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment