Sunday 8 January 2012

A macro picture

On another web site, see link below, I have given a description as to how I make my pinholes. 
To make the size repeatable I have pushed the needle into a section of pencil rubber and the size required is the diameter of the needle at the surface of the rubber as measured by digital callipers.




The Nikon lens to take this photo was kindly loaned to me by Mike as it will be a rare thing that I need to take such close-ups.  The diameter of the needle poking through the rubber is only 0.28mm, the piece of rubber is about 5mm x 5mm  !!!
The needle is prepared ready to make the new pinhole "lens" for the film camera.
I am also building a monster 500mm "lens" for the 5x4" paper negative camera in an attempt to take telephoto photographs using a pinhole camera. The pinhole diameter for that will need to be 0.89mm quite the largest hole I have made.

LINK
http://www.darleys.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/photography/

1 comment: