Sunday 13 November 2011

Early start today

The goal was to arrive on site for photos at 08:00. I was there but site did not open until 08:30.


These are the Pinhole Camera shots taken this morning and certainly in my opinion are typical of the quality of pinhole cameras. 


They were processed in diluted developer 1:18 and then washed and fixed in usual way.


5 from 6 are reasonable but I now think that using Multigrade paper is not right - fine for printing B&W negatives but not to create a negative.


The picture were scanned at 400 dpi, mirror image flip, converted to positive and lastly converted to grey scale. No other adjustments have been made.



This was actually the last photo taken today and shows the longer exposure giving better tonal quality.





I pushed the exposure to a maximum reading and the benefit show in better tonal quality


I do not know quite what happened to the sky in this one but one can just make out the barges in the distance.

------------------------------------------

I have now ordered some Ilfospeed RC 8x10" Gr.2 PEARL and some Ilford PQ Universal paper developer which by all accounts I have read should give better results in the pinhole camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment