Sunday 20 November 2011

A walk along the beach at Upnor

With great afternoon sunshine I took a trip to Upnor beach on the River Medway.



This is the scene I spotted and this must be the best photo from the pinhole camera yet.
The exposure meter for ISO 4 gave 1s at f16 which converted to pin hole exposure gave 5 minutes allowing for the yellow filter.  Near perfect in my opinion.


Moving closer to the timber and chain ISO 4 gave f22 thus a 3min exposure allowing for the yellow filter.



Another view of the same subject at similar exposure


This is what can happen if the ground moves. There was obviously imperceptible movement in the ground or was it just me not standing still- you can see my shadow left third of picture.

The yellow filter I am using thus give a -1 stop so exposure times need to be are doubled.  



3 comments:

  1. I was in the car and I could hear a pump near the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are getting better and better, the first on on the beach is really good.

    I really dont know how much further you can go with this but the results so far are amazing.

    Sue has sent you a article which you may already know about

    ReplyDelete