Wednesday 30 November 2011

Late afternoon shoot - ending just before dusk


Two hours before sunset,  a view to the Medway Bridge 
8 minute exposure


30 minutes  before dusk Riverside towards Power station
12 minute exposure


15 minutes before dusk Riverside looking up river
12 minute exposure

Atmospheric photos all taken with the pinhole cameras I have in very difficult conditions of cold and wind with each showing sky images. Each has a yellow filter and a light Graduated Neutral density filter.


Sadly much underexposed. The spikes on the gate in the foreground were just 30cms from the camera, the church several meters away ..

A very difficult subject due to the high contrast between black of shade and white of sun light ... maybe a wrong subject but interesting result all the same ..



4 comments:

  1. See what you mean about depth of field as seen in the Horrid Hill image. Shame about the last one but I'm sure you will try again. What happened to the Edith May ones on Sunday? I though you took some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will give it another go and try to over expose the negative ... and will have to start to understand reciprocity which is the inverse relationship between the intensity and duration of light that determines the reaction of light-sensitive material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to up the exposure time by x1.25 and see if I can obtain better results that way ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mike they are a lot better but for the last one. When I first saw it I thought you had taken a picture of the planet jumper in "Space 1999" Mike then pointed out the outline. Is it St Peter's at Bredhurst?

    ReplyDelete